Wednesday, May 27, 2026

Elusive goals

 Some goals in life have been elusive for me. I haven't been able to meet those goals. The older I get, the more I understand why these goals have not been reached. First of all, there are other goals that are more valuable and ingrained in my being--those goals have trumped the elusive goals. Also, the support to attain the elusive goals is less present in my life. But, I'm not giving up. What can I do to reach the elusive goals in life. 

Initially I have to make time for the actions required to meet the goals. If you don't put the time in, goals will remain elusive. 

Next, I have to understand what it takes to reach the goals. Over time I've accumulated a lot of knowledge related to these goals, and I have to apply this knowledge to the efforts. 

And, I have to replace some old routines and practices with new routines and practices that match the goals. 

I can do this. Onward. 

Do we create unnecessary stress?

 As part of a health study I am participating in, I went to a talk about stress the other night. I left there realizing that I was using the...