Sunday, May 24, 2026

Finding the sweet spot

 Last night we found a sweet spot--it was an event with friends where the friends, event space, food, and timing all came together for a wonderful evening. That was a sweet spot. Figuring out where your sweet spots in life are is essential to living a good life. Rather than focusing on responsibility alone, a focus on what works including responsibility, enjoyment, capacity, health, and more leads to positive living. I'm going to focus on sweet spots for the summer months ahead. What are the ingredients of sweet spots for my life now. 

Friends and family

I really love spending time with friends and family. I especially love this when the events, activities, and places are a good match for all involved. For example, last year my husband andI went on a great country bike ride with friends and family--it was a perfect day enjoyed by all. Last night I attended a musical event in a welcoming venue near wonderful restaurants--again, a great fit for the friends we were spending time with. In the days ahead, I want to think more about the kinds of events, activities, and places that are good matches for the people I care about and desire to be with. 

Timing

Sometimes when too many events are crowded together, the enjoyment wanes. Good pacing and timing for god times makes a difference. That's a factor I want to remember. 

Preparation

A just right amount of preparation helps to make an event enjoyable. One reason last night's event was such a success was that we were prepared in all ways to have a good time. Making the time to get what you need whether it be finances, clothes, rest, and other preparation in order definitely sets the stage for a good time. 

So as I think more about the summer months ahead, I want to think about the sweet spots in order to enjoy friends and family as much as possible. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...