I admit, I'm always seeking to tie life up in a pretty bow and solve the problems that exist. Yet, it's true, that there are problems that persist and cannot be solved in any ready, beautiful way. Those are the nagging and troubling problems for which there is no easy answer--problems that rear their ugly heads every single day. How do you live a good life despite the troubling challenges that don't go away?
As I look around, I see people who are able to stay the course of good living despite the challenges that plague them. Whether the challenge is related to physical health, mental illness, economics, government, or more, these people continue to live good lives while also attending to the problems as well as they can. These people are my heroes in life.
In general, these people make attending to the problem, part of their healthy positive routines. For example, they do what they must to live a good life and amidst their daily efforts, they also attend to the challenge too. Their attention to challenges may include specific medical routines, extra jobs, or significant care for others. These people do what they must to stay personally healthy and positive while ensuring that they are doing what they can to mitigate a problem that won't go away. . .a problem that persists.
This week I had the opportunity to hear many individuals' personal stories of challenge. I was struck by these individuals' positivity and strength in the face of grueling , personal challenges. They all were examples of striving for the good life despite a myriad of challenges. Their stories inspired me. Onward.