Thursday, May 28, 2026

Making peace with MAGA

 The MAGA I know and have known most of my life are not all bad--many are loving and hard working individuals. Sadly their support for careless, racist, destructive, hateful, ignorant, greedy leaders has taken our country down in so many ways, ways that have harmed the good living possible. To me, the worst of MAGA has been the ignorance and selfishness that has prevented life-saving/enriching science, quality medical care, top-notch education, preservation of natural resources, international collaboration/peace, needed public benefits, and positive acknowledgement, respect and support for our wonderful diversity as a people. 

MAGA had allowed their base selves to be bamboozled by dreadful, deadly leaders who care only for themselves and no one else. These leaders' idiocy and greed is blatant and tremendously harmful and deadly to so many and so much in our culture. 

Knowing this, can I make peace with MAGA?

I cannot make peace with those who continue to actively participate in MAGA actions and support for MAGA leaders, but I can make peace with those who followed along for so long if they don't continue to support such a deadly mindset and destructive actions.

I am glad that I was able to recognize this destructive MAGA behavior from the start. From the start, MAGA did not represent every value I was taught to respect, values that are basically summed up with the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 

I've made a good many mistakes in life. I've supported the wrong people now and then. I've signed on to action plans that were not promising. I learned from my errors and don't want to repeat them. So I will make peace with MAGA who no longer follow such a selfish, destructive, racist, harmful people or regime. It's time for everyone to turn their backs on this dehumanizing, damaging, wayward MAGA leadership. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...