I woke up thinking about my College of the Holy Cross 45th reunion. It was a busy weekend of reconnecting with college classmates via a number of events including a garden meet-up, dinner dance, class mass, the Sanctae Crucis Awards Ceremony, and the Saturday afternoon picnic. In the end, I'm glad that I attended many reunion events, and I'm grateful for the efforts of so many that made the reunion weekend such a success. Highlights for me included these:
- Laughing and catching up with classmates as we reminisced about college days
- Warm exchanges with classmates about life's events now and in the past
- The reading of a beautiful and meaningful poem after the class mass
- A wonderful and deeply moving mass for our class with a thought provoking homily
- Walking about the campus
- Attending the moving, inspiring, and challenging Sanctae Crucis Awards ceremony
My only regret from the weekend was that there were a few people that I saw from afar, but never had the chance to reconnect with simply because of time and numbers.
I hope to be back for our 50th reunion in five years. The Holy Cross years were significant, life changing years for me, and I'm glad that I have the chance to celebrate that every five years. Onward.