I want to write to coach myself forward after my father's death. Fortunately I've been surrounded by loving family members in person, by phone, and via social media. From my earliest days, I've felt that when death happens, love emerges everywhere, and that's exactly what has happened in the past few days, and this outpouring of love has been ever so comforting, much like a warm blanket.
I'm going to give myself permission to simply relax in this warmth in the next few days. I'm not going to push myself to go the extra mile, but instead I'll be satisfied with doing what I can to prepare for my dad's services and care for the people in my midst. I'm thankful for the many businesses that help out at times like these including the funeral home who manages the services, restaurants that provide good food and places to congregate, and newspapers and social media that give us a venue to share our thoughts and the information related to the upcoming services.
As my father exhibited in so many ways, the more that we build a a loving home and family/friend group, the better prepared we will be to weather the tough times in life. This is a concept I want to think about more in the days ahead. Onward.