Never in my life has change been more present. It seems that everywhere I look, I notice change. How does one stay steady in such a sea of change?
Values
Maintaining essential values steadies the ship in a sea of change. What values do you live by? For me, right now with what I know, I want to maintain these values:
- love as well and as much as I can
- be there for people who need me as I can
- personal health and care - take care of self so you can be there for others
- enjoy the best that life has to offer - quality enjoyment feeds the spirit and energizes you
- respect and accept the great diversity of life and lifestyles
- care for the planet by living a simple life and respecting the natural world around us
- feed the spirit with prayer, reflection, and acknowledgement of a higher power
- nurture family
- work at creating a warm, welcoming home for those I love deeply
- be humble with the knowledge that no one is superhuman and everyone has gifts of value to offer
Nurture relationships
Reach out to others and nurture honest, caring relationships. Know that relationships will continually change simply because life is full of change and people are called and moved in many directions. Accept that reality.
Speak up and act when the sea of change is dangerous and harmful
Don't quietly and passively stay back when there is trouble. Instead find a positive way to work against the harm and danger for self and others.