All we can do in life is our best with the recognition that no one knows it all and that there are usually many ways to solve a problem and live a good life. Living life is not a perfect science.
Recently I thought about all of my 56 first cousins. I was wondering which cousin had lived the best life. As I thought about each of them, I realized that every single one of my cousins has faced some fairly significant challenges in life and every single one of my cousins has had some terrific accomplishments and wonderful achievements. No one has lived the best life, but all of them have had lives with lots of positive people, experiences, and events. Also when it comes to challenges, my cousins have met their challenges with terrific resilience and strength--that's definitely a hallmark of my very large and wonderful extended family.
When we witness the way others face their challenges and celebrate their successes that brings us strength to our own lives. I'm fortunate to have so many older cousins that continually offer me a road map for the years ahead; and I'm fortunate to have.many younger cousins whose vitality and good living inspire me too.
None of us know it all in life. We will all make mistakes and misstep from time to time. Yet we can gather strength and wisdom from one another to make life's journey all the better. Onward.
