We all craft our journeys in life to some degree. Clearly, we don't have all power over our lives, but we do have considerable choice about whom we spend time with, how we spend our time, and where we are headed.
Just this week, I spoke to family members about a life choice an acquaintance is making that just doesn't sit well with me. I acknowledged that I don't know all the details with regard to this individual's decision, but the decisions he's making just don't add up for me--something seems out of sorts, wrong, dangerous, and troubling. Yet, as I noted, I don't know all the details, and the decisions are clearly his, not mine.
We observe each other's lives, and as we observe, we learn what we might want to do and what we might not want to do. Most of us find people and life choices that inspire us and lead us forward. I have many friends in their 90's--these old souls and wise individuals often share words of wisdom with me. I look forward to the leadership they provide.
So as I think about crafting my journey today, I'm thinking about the people, places, and life choices that enrich my life, the lives of those I care about, and the community in general. What choices clearly make a positive difference in life?
Something to think about.