Friday, November 14, 2025

Declutter

 Decluttering is a theme amongst my friends these days. Rather than hold onto lots of stuff, most people I know are moving towards more lean environments, the kind of environments that match the statement, "Less things, more time." For me, the decluttering process has been a lengthy multi-year endeavor, and with each year I'm getting closer to my goal of owning just a few things. 

Yet, as I declutter, I still buy items. For example, yesterday I bought a number of dining room chairs on Facebook Marketplace so that everyone can sit in a somewhat comfortable chair for Thanksgiving Dinner. The price was right, but that added to the objects in my house. I have to be careful about adding without taking away. For example the plastic chairs we used to use are still here, and I may sell those on Facebook Marketplace soon. 

Today I'll take another cut when it comes to organizing and de-cluttering. What's on the agenda now?

  • Organizing, simplifying clothes - keeping only the items I wear, and donating what I don't wear.
  • Continuing to organize/store photos as well as make albums
  • Organize cleaning equipment/supplies
  • Put away all the root veggies I have for Thanksgiving and other times
  • Dust, organize photos 
Onward

Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...