Sunday, January 4, 2026

Sorting and organization

 I don't know about you, but I spend a lot of time sorting and organizing--too much time!

Yet, today I'll be about that task again as I rethink clothes and the garage. Yesterday I completed a good sort of the kitchen by first using the ingredients left in the fridge to make a nice Italian bread, ricotta, noodles, and eventually a homemade lasagna. I also took stock of what we had and what we needed to begin the New Year with a healthy collection of staples for cooking. 

Today, with a number of adventures and goals in mind, I'll sort and organize my clothes. I have what I need, and it's a matter of simply organizing those items to include indoor/outdoor active wear, comfy/cozy clothes for home, and a few outfits for nights out and city travel. As far as shoes go, it's time to get rid of some old shoes that I don't wear for many reasons. And it's time for a big sock drawer sort too which is a good task to do while watching a good movie. 

The garage needs an overhaul. I keep making small advances in this area, but we really need some good shelving support this effort. I'll take a stab when the weather warms up a bit. 

Onward.

Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...