After a few weeks of an upset routine due to personal and family needs, it seems a new routine is taking shape, and that makes me happy. A good routine creates a setting that's much better for healthy living than a life with no routine at all.
What changed?
My family tried a care routine for a loved one that did not work. Our loved one's care needs are complex, and we are doing our best to meet those needs. The complexity of his needs arise from the fact that his illness is still not fully understood and there are not many good care facilities that provide the care he needs. Further, this lack of knowledge about the disease and dearth of good care facilities for this illness has made teamwork more challenging too. That said, a care facility was located and we are doing what we can to support our loved one in ways that we can. Can we do a better job? I've looked at the situation from many angles, and I believe we are doing the best we can at a this moment--in time, we may make a few changes to improve his care.
I'm also a grandmother now and I am helping my son's family to care for their beautiful little child. That's time well spent and time that uplifts my week in meaningful ways.
And there are the changing needs and schedules of other family members and friends that's impacted schedule changes.
The upside is that there is a routine taking shape that allows me to do what I believe is important for self care and care for those I love in life. That's good. Onward.