Dad has been a focal point in my life for my entire life. What will life be like without Dad?
First, I will never will be without Dad since his spirit and DNA are part of me. I will always consider how Dad would deal with the situations and decisions I face. I will carry on his Life is for the Living mantra by planning family trips, focusing on life's positivity, loving my family, staying faithful, and enjoying adventures and activities in nature. Dad will always be with me.
I will no longer have to spend time worrying about Dad's health and care. I won't have to coordinate his care with his large group of family members, caregivers, and health professionals. This is time that I'll use to invest in family/friend/self care, gardening, home-work, and some travel and adventuring too.
I will still work with family members to coordinate family events and get-togethers. I know those events and get-togethers will change as our family continues to change.
I hope I can help others too who are working to care for loved ones too--it's tough to care for people who face tough illnesses and diseases, especially illnesses and diseases that society has yet to understand or support well. Many in our culture struggle with providing care to people who face physical and mental illnesses, and as a society we can do more to support those people and situations. Onward.