Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Coaching myself

 There's a need to coach myself forward at this turning point in life. It's a turning point marked by both expected and unexpected change. What do I want to do? Who do I want to be? My aspirations have not changed much, but do require coaching to get there. 

Healthy lifestyle

My dad's illness in the past few months impacted my healthy lifestyle since there was more stress and more demands on my time and energy. That impact resulted in some significant exhaustion and a few other minor, but bothersome, physical maladies. It's time to get back on track with a healthy routine that includes healthy eating, daily physical activity, good sleep, and time well spent. 

Warm welcoming home

The house took a hit too during this period since there's a lot of items that are strewn about, items that need to be organized and stored or given away. Thus my lifelong pursuit of a simple home with the theme "less things, more time," leading the way. 

Relationships

Relationships were strained too during this period since I was seeking advice, comfort, and support likely beyond what's reasonable from some folks and I wasn't available in usual or desired ways from others. It's time to rebuild and re-energize my relationships since I wasn't completely available during the stress of my dad's decline in the last few months. Also during the past year, many of my friends' and family members' lives have changed due to all kinds of personal changes. I need to rethink relationships in that regard too since people's time, availability, and interests have changed too. 

So what I want is no different than in the past. I want a healthy lifestyle with a warm welcoming home and positive, reciprocal relationships. I also want a bit of adventure and to contribute to the greater community in ways that I can. 

What I don't want is strained, one-sided relationships, an unwelcoming home, no fun, no contribution, and poor health. 

My desires overall for my life are simple, but staying committed to those desires via action is not always easy and that's why I have to coach myself ahead. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...