Thursday, July 30, 2026

Do the right thing

 Yesterday I was stymied by a fair number of onerous tasks. Like a bag of sand on my head, those tasks were weighing down my spirit and body. Then I powered through the tasks and today I feel a whole lot better. Bottom line, we have to make time for life's necessary, but not enjoyable, tasks. When we let those tasks pile up, we become buried and unable to do the good possible in life. 

So with the tasks complete, what's the next step?

Simplify, simplify, simplify and Organize, organize, organize

The simpler your life is, the fewer onerous tasks you'll have to do. I've been on a multi-year crusade to simplify my home, and I'm getting closer. I need to simplify my collection of cooking supplies a bit more. I also need to simplify my supply closet so I can get the supplies I ned in a ready, easy way. I also need to get rid of more things including books we don't read anymore. I want to organize my desk area more too so that my creative materials are easy to access. And, as usual, the garage needs another clean-up too. 

Stay on top of life's tasks with a to-do list

I love my to-do list, a list I access often to see what I'm in the mood to do. This list mostly helps me to stay on top of things. 

Know your values

Knowing your values and what's important also helps you to stay the course of good living. 

Onward


Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...