Friday, July 10, 2026

The days ahead

 In the midst of the kaleidoscope that is life, I'm thinking about what's important to do in the days ahead. 

A ready home

I like to entertain friends and family, and what holds me back sometimes is the fact that my home is not ready for friends or family. Hence with friends visiting soon, I've got a number of at-home jobs to do to update my home and garden. Those jobs include a clean-up, grocery shopping, cooking, gardening and more. 

Prep for teaching/learning

I'm a caregiver for my grandchild and a tutor for a relative. That includes some prep and time-on-task. I want to stay on top of those tasks by completing the prep needed. 

Family/friend events

There's a number of family/friend events coming up. I need to organize a number of items in order to be prepared for these events that include a beach trip, dog watching, lake fun, kayaking, paddle boarding, jury duty, camping, a concert, biking and a couple of getaways. 

Healthy routines

For some, this is a natural part of life, for me, it needs to be intentional to happen. Hence I don't want to overbook, but I do want to engage in life's good times and important tasks. I seek the balance here. 

My schedule is reasonable if I stick to a positive routine. Onward. 


Do we create unnecessary stress?

 As part of a health study I am participating in, I went to a talk about stress the other night. I left there realizing that I was using the...