My theme right now appears to be dealing with the great myriad of changes that occurring all around me--life as I've known it has changed a lot. Friends and family members lives and directions have changed. Our government and communication systems in the United States and beyond are changing rapidly. My own interests and the ways I spend time are changing too. This is a time of change, and it's time for me to somehow get a handle on this change in order to live a good life--the kind of life I'm proud of and the kind of life that is meaningful to me and others.
What does all this mean in real time?
Respect
I want to respect the many changes that are occurring in the lives of the people I love. This respect includes respect for varying career paths, life's demands, life's unexpected ups and downs, people's interests, and their pursuits too. I want to be there for my friends and family, but I also want to make sure that I respect their need to follow their personal paths. I also want to respect my own personal changes and interests as my life has changed too and my interests are changing as well. Mostly, with regard to respect, this means being attuned to where people are at and what they desire of life--showing a genuine interest in their live's directions, challenges, and triumphs too as well as supporting those I love in the ways that I can.
Enjoyment
There's nothing better than to share an event with others when everyone is engaged and has a good time. I've had many times like that throughout life, and those events are close to the top of the list when it comes to life's good times. Figuring out what translates to mutual enjoyment is part of the challenge when it comes to planning and sharing good times with loved ones. Those enjoyable shared events bring us closer and deepen relationships via good times and positive camaraderie.
Support
Just recently when my dad died, there was an outpouring of warm and loving support. That support made a difficult time so much better than it could have been. I am so appreciative of that loving support and want to provide the same kind of loving support to those I love and care about on a regular basis.
The world is changing but my commitment to positive relationships and good living is not. Onward.