I attended memorial services for my dear neighbor yesterday. She lived a very good life and is an example of how to age with grace, dignity, and care. I want to follow many of her examples including these.
Independent, healthy living
My neighbor accepted the aging process and rather than fight against it, she found ways to maximize the advantages of age. She made the big move to an assisted living location that provided ample social opportunities and support when needed. Acknowledging your needs at any stage and making a move or getting the supports that help you to live as well as possible are positive steps to good aging.
Family and friend love and support
My neighbor kept her family and friends close. She took joy in their lives and supported their good living too.
Respectful, loving demeanor
My neighbor had a respectful, loving demeanor.
Taking care of yourself
She took good care of herself.
Balanced living
My neighbor and friend lived a well-balanced lifestyle.
These are good ways to age--ways I will follow as I can. Onward.