Monday, August 17, 2026

Another crack at home organization

 My family members are clearing out my parents' home. Once again this process makes me think about what items have meaning and what do not in my own home. This morning I'll take another crack at organizing our home with the following actions.

Kitchen

I mostly use the same 25 items in the kitchen. I want to remove those items I don't use. Some I'll put away for special occasions and others I'll donate to a used goods location. 

Clothes

Once again I want to reorganize related to how I use clothes including special occasions, daily living, gardening, sports adventures, and comfy/cozy at-home clothes. 

Toiletries

I want to go through those items and throw out old and unused items. Then I want to put together a collection to use when we travel or when we entertain guests.

Paperwork, crafts

I simply have to organize these items as the collection is good.

Wires and tech equipment

I want to sort through these items and place them in a location that's easy to find and use

Once I complete the organization, I'll be ready to do a good cleaning of the house. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...