There's no such thing as a perfect life. Everyone has struggles and if you're willing to face your weaknesses, challenges, and struggles, it's likely that you can rise about the struggles to live a good life.
As I look around and live my own life, I've encountered a number of positive strategies when it comes to facing struggle.
Get help
Too many people who face big struggles try to do it on their own. The truth is that some struggles cannot be solved by yourself because the more you get entrenched in the struggle, the blinder you become about solutions. About fifteen years ago, I faced a big struggle. I had no choice, but to get some counseling help. That help was life changing as the counselor helped me to understand the situation clearly and employ positive strategies to overcome the challenge. My big regret was that I didn't get this help earlier. In a similar situation, I faced a relationship issue once, and we did get some help--it only took a few sessions to pinpoint the issue and remedy the situation. That was awesome.
Face the facts
It's difficult to face your shortcomings. Yet, many of us are well aware of our own behavioral issues that create challenges for us. There's not sugar-coating our shortfalls. The best course of action is to listen to those who are willing to be honest with us and to face and study our shortcomings with detail so we can improve.
Understand that no one is superhuman
No one can be or do it all--rid your mindset of perfectionism and instead seek to be as good as you can be, but not perfect.
Different is not a weakness
Sometimes when we don't like or do what others like and do, we see that as a weakness, but owning who we are and what we love to do is valuable when it comes to good living. We all have different interests and our interests are what make us who we are. It's great to acknowledge those interests and engage in positive interests that we enjoy.
Live in ways that leave you with few regrets
Sometimes we have to put some needs and interests on hold to do what we believe is most important. Recently, though difficult, I had to do that, and I'm so happy that I did put a few life interests on hold to live up to some long held values, responsibilities, and jobs. I'm left with few regrets and now can engage in some of those activities that I put on hold.
Keep learning
We will always learn in life, and that learning helps to make life interesting and meaningful.
No one's life is perfect, but we can live in ways that help ourselves and others to live as well as we can. Onward.