Monday, March 3, 2025

Good bye

 There are times in life when we have to say goodbye, and those times are typically sentimental, meaningful times. 

I remember saying goodbye to my brother. It was some time before his death, but it was an intimate exchange that demonstrated our respect and love for one another. I felt a lot of peace after that moment and when his death came, I was at peace and able to support those around me. Saying goodbye to my mom was a multi-day affair filled with kind words, beautiful music, hand-holding and prayer. And now, in many ways, I am saying goodbye to another loved one--a loved one who is not physically leaving us now, but who is drifting away in many ways. I want to make sure that our more seldom moments together are meaningful, warm and loving. 

I'm always aware that our moments together could be our last--I suppose I'm aware of that since I value the deep connections I share with many and know that these deep and loving connections are precious and can change in a moment's notice. I want to be as present, loving, positive and kind in my moments with loved ones and others as I can be--I don't want regrets and I do want to do what I can for and with others. 

Onward. 

Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...