Health matters and as you age, you realize that more and more. When young, good health is often strong, and you think little on this topic.
What is good health and how do you maximize your best possible health?
I'm fortunate to be surrounded by many people that live healthy lives. I collect tips about good, healthy living all the time from these people. Some of those tips include these categories:
Nutrition
One friend made dramatic shifts with regard to good nutrition. I've watched her dramatic shifts over time and while I'm unable to make those dramatic shifts, I've adopted many of her healthy ways including lots of veggies, home grown foods, non processed foods, little to no alcohol, and lots of water.
Activity
The healthiest amongst us have regular routines of positive activity including physical fitness activities and healthy cognitive activities like playing games, reading, writing and more. Finding the right balance and types of activity will differ from person to person--you want to be healthy and active in life.
Safety
Healthy individuals take safety seriously. They read safety reports, research adventures before they embark on those adventures, and follow safety guidelines such as wearing seat belts, observing speed limits, preventing insect bites, wearing sunscreen. . . . . . There are countless ways to stay safe.
Positive relationships
Healthy people enjoy good relationships. Spending time with healthy, positive, good people improves your health.
Good times
Planning and preparing for as well as enjoying good times creates good living and health.
Meaningful work and endeavor
Engaging in positive, meaningful work and endeavor increases your personal health
Living a healthy life is positive and the more you direct your life in that way, the healthier you'll be.