Sunday, June 8, 2025

The world's a teacher

 I gain lessons about life from countless people, places, and events. As I think about the people I desire to emulate, I realize that the list is long since I never find myself wanting to be exactly like another person, but instead there are qualities of so many people that I look to for instruction, inspiration, and strength. 

Just this morning I thought about a neighbor I had growing up--she was steadfast in her ability to face obstacles in life, and she created a very nice life for herself and her family. I thought about her positivity this morning and that gave me strength and direction. 

In seeking goals I have, I think about friends who have great self discipline and smarts. Specifically I use the ways they reach their goals as guides. 

When it comes to generosity of spirit, I think about my mom who loved taking care of people, and when I consider traits of becoming a naturalist, of course my dad is one of my guides. 

I'm always gaining lessons about life from so many friends and family members--they are my teachers and I appreciate the wonderful lessons they model and share. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...