Friday, May 22, 2026

Do you get what you need?

 When I become crabby, it's usually because I'm not getting what I need. And what I need is typically nothing fancy or special, but instead something simple that sustains me like rest, nutritious food, a bit of pleasure, or the completion of a long awaited task. 

Recently I fell behind in almost everyone of life's tasks simply because I added a few responsibilities and jobs without taking anything away--that's always a sure path to not getting what you need since the addition of tasks without taking jobs away means something you likely need to sustain yourself has been diminished. 

So as I assess life's playing field today, I'm thinking about what I can reasonably do and what I need to remove or at least take a break from in order to dissipate the crabbiness I've been feeling and displaying. Onward. 

Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...