Friday, June 12, 2026

Experts

 Experts in any field are valuable. Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet with an expert in a field I am mostly unfamiliar with. As soon as I spoke to that expert, my worries subsided as I knew the situation was in good, experienced, caring hands. What a gift! Up until that point I was very worried. 

Recently, in another situation, I had the same experience. A loved one faced some health issues and the people involved were not experts. There was a lot of struggle, and then the expert came on board. That expert, like the recent expert, completely relaxed me because she had the knowledge, experience, compassion, and care to serve my loved one well. Once again, this demonstrated the value of expertise. 

In a less dire, but still important situation, a car expert solved a problem I had with my vehicle. Had the problem persisted, I would have put myself and others in danger as my car could have operated without safety controls. Yet, I hired the expert who solved the problem. 

In society, we need experts, and for any person embarking on a career, a path towards expertise is a positive path to follow. People can't take your expertise away from you, and your expertise is a wonderful path to helping others, building confidence, establishing a livelihood, and making the world a better place. 

I'm thankful for the honest, committed, caring experts out there--people who can help us to live life as well as we can. Onward. 


Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...