Thursday, June 11, 2026

Information share

 I like to know what's going on. I like to know the details of situations so that I can use that information to do as well as I can. When the information is not forthcoming, I get upset because that hinders my ability to do well in a situation. I was often frustrated as an educator because information related to the work I expected to do and wanted to do with students was not forthcoming. Poor information share impeded my ability to teach well at times. 

Why don't people share information? For the most part, I think it's a control issue--if people don't know the facts, they can't affect what's happening. It may also be due to the fact that some simply don't think it's important to share information--they may think that people don't want to know or that too much share is too cumbersome for people. 

I especially get upset about a lack of information share when I ask questions that people don't answer--that really bothers me since those people know that I'm interested in the facts, but refuse to share. The only time this doesn't bother me is if a person thinks the information is too sensitive and personal. I respect that. 

I can be faulted for too much information share. I suppose I do this because I know how important good, honest information is when it comes to doing good work with and for others. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...