Thursday, July 9, 2026

Being a good person in a country where many leaders are corrupt, inhumane, and evil

 Sadly we are living at at a time when the ranks of many top officials are filled with corrupt, inhumane, evil people who do not work for the common good, but instead do all they can to support corruption, crime, racism, hate, and inhumanity. This is depressing, frustrating, and heartbreaking. These criminal leaders abuse our hard earned tax dollars and tear the country and world apart. 

The best way to counter this corruption is to do the good you can and to stand up for what is right and good for all. Yet, a fair amount of people cower in the face of these evil leaders due to fear for what they might do or fear about what could be lost. We can't be fearful, but instead we must make time to act for the common good. 

As I think about this today, I am thinking about where to put my time, energy, and resources. 

Home

My first priority is my home and family--I want to do what I can to support their good, safe, loving living, and I want to encourage my family members to contribute to the greater society too in ways that they can. 

Friends and Relatives

I want to be there for friends and relatives. This is a bit tougher since my friends and relative group is ever growing and changing. I want to think about what I can do to be there for them and with them.

Personal Health and Energy

Living a good, healthy lifestyle mostly gives you the energy you need to live a good life. 

Keeping my values center stage, and revisiting those values often to recommit or revise as needed

It's important to do this. 

Onward

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...