Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Changing tides of life

 One big theme in my life right now is the fact that there is a lot of change going on in my life and all around my life. I am seeking ways to cope with that change in order to live a good life. I will be thinking in depth about this. My initial thoughts include these topics:

  • Where did negativity creep into my lifestyle, and how to rid my life of those negative habits, thoughts, words, and actions?
  • What do I have in common with friends and where do we differ? When are the differences positive to the relationship and when are the differences not so positive? How can we maximize our common interests and pursuits" 
  • Am I reciprocal with regard to my friendships? 
  • How can I become a better listener since that's a goal I have in all areas of my life?
  • What is it that I really want to do and pursue at this stage of life? 
As I write these themes down, I recognize the following:
  • Some behaviors that I grew up with I have found to be not so positive with respect to living a good life. I want to rid my life mostly of those behaviors. In general, they are small matters, but matters that will require some intention with regard to leaving them behind. 
  • I have some deep interests in life, and I share those interests with some friends--the friends that tend to share my deepest interests are my closest friends. 
  • Some friends and I have really grown apart. We've grown apart because we have become quite different and our interests are different. Geography has also played a role in friendships that have become weaker. 
  • Some friends have become closer because our lives are more aligned now than in the past. 
I will think more on this topic in the days ahead. 

Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...