Saturday, August 15, 2026

Something to look forward to

 I learned a lot time ago that having something on the schedule to look forward to motivates the best of me. Those good times ahead provide the energy needed to get the tough jobs done in the present. As I think about this today, I want to define the good times ahead that I'm looking forward to; good times that require some hard work now. 

Holidays

I enjoy the holidays and in order to prepare for happy holidays ahead, there are a number of house and garden jobs to do. The house jobs are mainly more organization and simplifying jobs -- a lean house is easier to clean and an easier space for entertaining. Also, last year I was able to freeze or store some garden veggies for our Thanksgiving dinner. I hope that I can do the same this year. 

Health

We've planned some good times ahead that will require best possible health so that I can complete the bike rides, hikes, swims, and other adventures we've planned. If I focus on health, I'll have a better time when it comes to those adventures. 

Celebrations

I love to celebrate family and friends' significant events. Being aware that those events are coming up and being ready to be there with full presence and a positive attitude is important. Making time and saving energy to celebrate those you love is valuable. 

Onward


Living in an age of social media and artificial intelligence

 I've resisted writing this post as it's been difficult to wrap my brain around the fact that I've grown old alongside the evolu...