Sunday, August 9, 2026

Imperfection

 One of life's toughest challenges is to embrace your imperfections. Yes, it's good to work against the imperfections you have, but honestly, there will be some imperfections that simply don't go away, and mostly they don't go away because you don't make them a priority since there's other factors in life that for better or worse take up your time and energy. 

Some of my imperfections are deeply ingrained. Yes, those imperfections bother me, but I understand how deeply rooted they are so I have to be patient with myself and compassionate as I work against that tide. Other imperfections I have are not a high priority for me. While those imperfections may be a high priority for society, they always take a back seat for me since there are other areas of life that mean a lot more to me personally. And there are the imperfections that are relative--imperfections that some may be bothered by and others don't worry about at all. 

We are all imperfect simply because we are humans and humans are imperfect. Learning to either change or live with our imperfections is one of life's great quests, a quest that people tackle in multiple, differing ways. 

Bottom line, we can't let our imperfections consume us. If we really want to improve in particular areas, we have to make that a priority of our daily life's schedule and activity, but if we realize that we are going to live with that imperfection because it's part of our life or because it's not a high priority, we simply have to accept that and make the best of it. 

It's best to acknowledge and accept or change our imperfections while we focus on the good aspects of who we are and the lives we live more. Onward. 

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...