Thursday, August 13, 2026

Rejection and resilience

 We all experience rejection at one time or another in life. It's good to make some time to ponder and perhaps investigate why the rejection occurred. 

One of my earliest painful rejections came when several of my friends moved on to junior high while I was still in elementary school. I missed my friends, but they were busy at junior high and didn't have much time for me, an elementary school student. Soon after though, I made a group of good friends at elementary school, and the pain of the rejection subsided. 

Most rejections with friends occurred because life took on a new chapter for me or them, and there simply wasn't as much time or interest in spending time together. We essentially moved on. 

As far as other rejections, those occurred mostly within the professional sphere and included rejections related to proposals, job applications, and more. While no one ever enjoys being rejected that was simply part of the professional world--every opportunity doesn't come your way, but fortunately some opportunities do come your way. 

Onward.

Grandson

  Grand-parenting is a new life chapter for me.  I have the gift of spending many hours a week with my grandson. Like all children, he is a ...