What will the days ahead bring in this kaleidoscope of a world that I live in. As I noted to a friend recently, my world is filled with lots of changes right now, and I'm trying to make sense of it all. One way for me to make sense of life is to think about my vision and to look ahead. Making a ten-year-plan always helps even though I regularly change that plan. Despite the changes, having a road map helps.
Relationships
Relationships have been a theme for me since there's been a lot of change in and amongst my relationships in the past few years. People are moving off in multiple directions. People's capacity for relationships are changing too due to health needs, distance, family responsibilities and more. How do I navigate this path of so much change and still nurture and keep good relationships?
One positive way to do this is to meet people where they are and where we have interests in common. For example, recently I enjoyed a beautiful walk through a lovely garden with a friend. We both enjoyed the event. It was positive. With some friends I have regular phone dates to catch up, share news, and coach each other on. With others I enjoy regular lunch dates or shared adventures. Friendships will change over time, and I want to accept this fact and make the best of it.
Health
Health is a big theme as you age since a goal of most older people is to be as healthy as possible, and what it means to be healthy takes time and focus. Being healthy as you age also requires some lifestyle changes and new patterns.
Chores and responsibilities
Living a good life includes fulfilling responsibilities and completing chores--making time for this is critical.
Contribution
Good living does include reaching out and contributing to the common good in ways that you can.
Onward.