There are naysayers in all of our lives. These naysayers often demonstrate their disagreement with us via quiet looks and passive actions rather than outright discussion or actions. What do we do about the naysayers in our midst?
I think it's important to consider the disagreement others show us and to think about what their disagreement means. For example, if you get disapproving looks from others, I think it's important to think about what you are doing and why dome may disapprove of that. Their disapproval may help you to think about your actions with greater care and focus.
Recently quiet naysayers gave me a look of disapproval. I believe their disapproval has helped me to direct my actions with greater care. While I didn't change all of what I was doing, I did change some of it after reflecting on those negative looks and comments I received. In some ways their disapproval signaled a parting of the ways. It's not that one way is better than another, but instead the paths are different based on difference in a number of matters.
I want to think deeply about this divergence. Both choices reflected deep, long-held dreams and desires as well as essential inherent differences in the individuals. To take a step back and look at this from afar is to realize that this divergence is a natural, unsurprising difference.
What does this divergence say about the future? To me the difference speaks of the need for greater respect, quiet, and acceptance of the differences that abound--differences that don't distinguish better from worse, but differences that simply reflect differences. Onward.