The summer is coming to a close, and while there's still a busy schedule, I'm thinking ahead about what's coming up and what I need to do.
The Garden
The garden this year, like every year, has been a mix of hits and misses. One hit has been that I've had a good harvest to augment family meals almost all summer long. I've also had a nice array of beautiful plants and flowers. The misses mostly relate to crops that didn't fare well including the kale, beans, and greens. This week, I'll assess what's going on and do what I can to shore up the plants that are still growing with helpful structures, some pruning, and clearing out the area around them to provide space for greater growth.
I'll start work on next year's garden in October when I plant garlic and flower bulbs and clean up the garden plots for next year's plantings.
Our home
We're not engaging in any big home projects this year. Instead we'll continue to purge, simplify, and update our home to make it as easy to care for and comfortable as possible.
Events
It has been a super busy summer. The events planned were all wonderful. Now I'm ready for a less busy schedule for a while.
Commitments
With so much change happening all around me, my commitments have changed somewhat too. The big add-on has been greater childcare which I'm happy to do. Making time for friends and relatives is a bigger commitment too since distance plays a bigger role as do people's busy schedules.
Celebrations
As the family and friend group grows, so do the number of celebrations. I'm a big fan of celebrations, so I want to make time for this.
Travel
We have a few relatively small trips planned, and that seems like the right amount for me. While I like to travel, I also like to be home.
A Healthy Routine
This is always a goal I'm reaching for.
Onward