Friday, September 18, 2026

The simplicity goal continues

 I continue to want to purge and simplify with the theme, less things, more time, as my motto. So, what do I really need.

Kitchen

I don't need a million pots and pans, but I do want all my specialty coking tools, sufficient silverware and dishes, and containers for sharing foods with friends and family members. 

Den

In the den, I mostly have to organize the desk area since there are too many items there--lots of odds and ends, some of which I don't need. 

Living room/Dining room

For the most part these rooms are sparse, the only job here is to clean out some drawers and cabinets of extra unnecessary items. 

Bedrooms

These are the most cluttered spots--I need to organize clothes and get rid of items that we haven't used in more than a year unless the items are very special. There are many books that I can get rid of in these rooms as well--it's difficult to part with books, but it's necessary. 

Bathrooms

There are some unnecessary and no longer needed items here that I can toss.

Garage

The big job to do here's to organize my gardening equipment. The rest is in pretty good order. 

I need to schedule time to do these jobs. I'll feel a lot better once I complete these tasks. 

Do we create unnecessary stress?

 As part of a health study I am participating in, I went to a talk about stress the other night. I left there realizing that I was using the...