Thursday, September 10, 2026

The year ahead . . . . .

 What will the year ahead hold. I like to have a plan as I approach a new year, and since I like the Jewish calendar of beginning the new year at the harvest--I consider this the new year. So what's on the schedule with regard to priorities and plans. 

Year-long focus

  • house simplicity
  • regular get togethers with friends and family
  • healthy routine
  • respect, empathy, care, support as needed and possible

September

  • Enjoy family and friends at a number of special events
  • Do the tasks assigned/needed
  • Begin to close the garden for the year and plant bulbs for next year
October
  • More of the same as September
November
  • Prep for Thanksgiving
December
  • Holidays
January
  • Focus on health care decisions, taxes, other financial matters
February
  • Family celebrations
March
  • vacation
  • garden starts
April
  • Birthdays 
  • Wedding shower
  • garden starts
May
  • garden
June
  • hiking trip
July 
  • Beach trips
  • Family feats
August
  • wedding
September
  • possible getaway


Do we create unnecessary stress?

 As part of a health study I am participating in, I went to a talk about stress the other night. I left there realizing that I was using the...